Jung. confluens MSS. T.T.
1. allied to J. Ralfsii & J. pusilla
2. like them has the stem of a frondose plant
3. the leaves fixed by a broad base, decurrent and subconfluent one with another.
4. anthers imbedded in the flattened midrib.
5. calyx with a wide mouth. The confluence of the leaves is best observed towards the base of the frond
the capsule splits into 4 valves while
in the 2 other species it is most frequent
(if not always) irregularly burst.
The Genus seems intermediate between
that of the frondose & foliose Jungermannia
?plicae of the calyx on the upper side,